The last 2 weeks have been all about traveling.
- 2.5 days in Sankt Englmar.
- 3.5 days in Zurich.
- And in between, we had to spend a day out in the city.
I missed making hot meals for Avni, but this is how I made sure Avni ate something during the long sunny warm days out.
For both the train journeys from home, I brought warm ragi porridge with nut butter & breastmilk.
On the first trip, I had access to my friend's kitchen but we didn't have much time since we spent most of our time outdoors.
What Avni ate:
- Banana, banana with almond butter.
- Instant oats with hot water + breastmilk + almond butter.
- Avocado - took two with me from home.
- Watermelon - my friend had them at her place.
- Pineapple - it was easy to order in a restaurant.
- Red lentil pasta (boiled it in my friend's place) + Avocado.
- Mango soy yogurt (we carried it with us, we had a fridge at our place).
- Potato (boiled in my friend's kitchen) + olive oil (I carried a small bottle with me) + spices (carried curry powder + black pepper with me).
On the Zurich trip, a typical touristy one, we stayed at a hotel and didn't have access to a kitchen or even a kettle and spent most of the day and evening out.
What Avni ate:
- Banana & almond butter (carried almond butter with me).
- Store-bought food bottles (vegetable purées) + olive oil.
- Mango yogurt.
- Fresh blueberries bought at the store for snacking.
- Packaged fruit purées for snacks on the go.
- Blueberry flavored yogurt-alternative (made with tofu)- found it at a vegan restaurant.
- Avocado - at a restaurant.
And most importantly, she breastfed every 1-1.5 hours, no matter where we were. So she was well-hydrated throughout the entire trip.
Also, I made sure to bring her meal bowls, snack bowls & boxes, spoons & water bottles.
Editor: Anastasia Sirotkina.